Friday, February 25, 2011

Why Does My Big Toe Joint Hurt: Part 2

Well its been a little over a week wearing my orthotics.  I must say that the biggest challenge about wearing these is getting used to tennis shoes and socks....not the orthotics.  Living in Florida has put me in the bad habit of wearing thin, crappy flip-flops.  I took my first long walk with them in on Tuesday.  My toe was a little bit stiff at first but once I started walking it felt pretty darn good.  The bad part of my walk was the squeaking.  It was so loud it made me self conscious.  The good part of my walk is that my destination was the grocery store where I could pick up some baby powder.  As soon as I took my orthotics out and sprinkled baby powder in the bottom of my shoes the menacing noise disappeared.

Wednesday I had a softball game and I wanted to wear them but Im not to that point yet.  Not because they are not comfortable but because Im too superstitious!  I know that it is extremely silly but hopefully Dr. Gordon will understand. My toe really doesn't hurt as much as it used to so I am pretty excited that the orthotics are making a difference.  Tomorrow will be the big test....I am going to take a run in them.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment